Here is a list of what I bought whilst in the thrall of Sydney’s most excellent Needlework shops (Eat your heart out, Stitcher’s Corner (that’s my LNS)). We went out to Sew and Tell, Victoria House, The Crewel Gobelin and Dragonfly Dreams. We had Peppermint Stitches visit us in our hotel room (supplier of Sugar Maple Fabrics) and Janine’s Shop, Colours Down Under was also in attendance.It will come as no surprise that I spent the most money at Dragonfly Dreams (I have been a happy online customer with Karen for a couple of years now). All up I spent A$850 (Gasp!!) of which $500 was birthday money from the beloved Joel. But as I have said, I was not the biggest spender in the group (I came fourth in the tally for those interested – the winner spent over $1200).
So, to the Stash haul:
- Companion to Beatrix Potter – Needleprint
- Sarah Moon – Needlprint
- Martha Brady – Needleprint
- Ann Trump – Needleprint
- Quaker Cat and Mouse – The Workbasket
- Quaker Christmas Samplers – Carriage House Samplings
- The marriage of minds – The Drawn Thread
- Through the woods – The Cricket Collection
- The hare and the basket – XStitchworld
- Diminutive Dutch Sampler – Carriage House Samplings
- We Stitch – Jeanette Douglas Designs
- Friendship – The Sweetheart Tree
- Peacock Stitching Chair – The Cat’s Whiskers Design Studio
- Alyssum Scissor pocket – The Cat’s Whiskers Design Studio
- Blessed with Happiness – The Cat’s Whiskers Design Studio
- A Stitcher’s Meditation – The Cat’s Whiskers Design Studio
- Daffodil Run – Just Nan
- French Country Rooster – JBW designs
- French Country Cat – JBW designs
- The Potting Shed – Shepherds Bush
- Tiny Treasured Diamond – Mill Hill
- Lettres Anciennes Entrelacees – Veronique Maillard
- Joyous Occasions: A collection of Heirloom Hardanger Designs (I thought this was OOP so I picked it up)
- Winter 28ct Cashel – Colours Down Under (1/8 cut)
- In the clouds 28ct Cashel – Sugar Maple Fabrics (1/4 cut)
- Breeze 28ct Cashel – Sugar Maple Fabrics (1/4 cut)
- Tumult 28ct Jubilee – Sugar Maple Fabrics (1/4 cut)
- Griffon 28ct Cashel- Sugar Maple Fabrics (1/4 cut)
- Burnt Papyrus 32 Count Lugana Opalescent – Sugar Maple Fabrics (1/8 cut)
- 1 meter of lace suitable for needlerolls (or other finishing)
- 2 packets of mother of pearl buttons.
- Some cards and notepads to give away for exchanges
- A Stitcher’s Journal
- Dinky Dyes Oops Pack (courtesy of Jo from Dinky Dyes – a fellow traveller)
- DMC Antique effects E436
- Dinky Dyes Silks: 122 – Noosa, 124 – Freo, 126 – Murray River, 120 – Hyacinth, 125 – Moonie Ponds, 35 – Madi’s Rose, 123 – Luna Park and 119 Kirribilli
- Gloriana Silks: Sandstone Rose, Rosebud Pink, Pigeon, Slate Blue and Merry’s Mauve
- The Thread Gatherer Silk ‘N Colours: Elephant & Castle, Autumn on the Cape and Lavender Honey.
- Gentle Art – Pomegranete (Simply Shaker)
- Weeks Dye Works: Dried Sage and Ivy
- Crescent Colours: Deep Fennel, Lavender Louise, Weeping Willow, Country Lane and Grape Pie.
Well, that’s it! At least I think that’s all of it – I may have some stash amnesia. The most expensive single item was The Potting House Kit by Shepherds bush. Right now I think I probably spent too much on fabric (especially as I am going through a sampler phase at the moment – but they may be good to pass on in exchanges or sell later.).
PS. It’s my Birthday tomorrow – I’ll be 33. Golly gosh.
Stitched on today – two exchanges stitching completed and finishing partially completed.