We had a wonderful time down in Mt Barker last weekend. Joel’s parents are just delightful to stay with – good company, yummy food and time to relax – ahhh! While we were away I stitched and finished part of my “Feathered Friends” Exchange. I’m still working on the second part but I am close to a finish. I should have it all ready to send well before the 15th, which is our mailing date.
In the meantime, I have finished this little Shepherds Bush Easter kit – Hunt. This was a fun little stitch. I’ve been feeling a bit bogged down with my larger works in progress so I picked up this kit from my little stash of SB kits and really enjoyed working on it.
Today I caught up with a couple of my stitching friends and as it was at Janine’s (Colours Down Under) I came home with a bit of stash – here’s a little list:
- 6 skeins of DMC
- Just Nan – Over the Top: Hop
- Just Nan – In the Tin: Hop
- Little House Needleworks – My Needle’s Work
- With my needle – Quaker Turtles
- Sisters and Best Friends – Birth Sampler: Bless
- Homespun Elegance – A Quaker Year: Merry Winter
- Stacy Nash Primatives – Fancy Peacock Hanking Pinkeep.
- Kelmscott Designs – Large thread hoops, Bluebell hread rings and Heart thread rings.
I promised them I would share this link for stitching alphabets. What is neat about this page is that you can type in the text you want to use and it centers it up for you (Christy, the alphabet I used was Madrid) I just used it for finishing an exchange piece and it is very handy for personalisation.
I can smell our dinner is nearly ready, so I am going to sign off. We’re having Beef and Guinness stew tonight – yum!