Hello friends, here’s a report from the newly air conditioned Villa Maylandia (now considered a paradise by it’s once overheated denizens). Here are all the works in progress I worked on this week. First up Countdown to Christmas by Blue Ribbon Designs. I really like the little reindeer – he’s adorable.
Yesterday I tripped out to Armadale to see my friend Janine and attend a stitching get together with the stitching girlfriends (Lovely to catch up with you all ladies!) while I was there I pulled out this piece that has been languishing in the bottom of my stitching basket – Spring Violets by Country Cottage Needleworks – I started this for an exchange last year but fell out of love with it and couldn’t finish it in time. While I was with the girls yesterday I felt the love and started work on it again. Sorry for the wrinkles but I just didn’t feel like assembling the ironing board.
And last but certainly not least, an update on the Shores of Hawk Run Hollow. I’m using Hand dyed fibres by Vikki Clayton on Vintage Autumn Gold Edinborough Linen by Lakeside Linens. I’ve been spurred to action on this quite long term WIP by the lovely Barbara and Heather. I’m enjoying working on it again – thanks ladies for the encouragement to start work on it again.
I picked up a little stash whilst I was visiting with Janine (she owns a shop). I got:
- The Goodhart Sampler book recently published by Needleprint.
- Illustrative Blackwork fantasy by Dragon Dreams
- Reindeer Games Ornament by Historic Stitches
- Something Old, Something new by Little House Needleworks
- Venetian Opulence by Mirabilia
- Witches nine by The Primitive Needle
- Quaker Halloween by the Workbasket and
- a couple of cuts of Linen for upcoming projects.
Whew! I’m a very happy girl! Well, here’s wishing you many happy stitches till we next meet!